The HABITAT pavilion at this year’s show will include HABITAT New (a discovery zone for new product launches) and HABITAT Next (inventor showcase featuring educational sessions)
NORWALK, CT. – September 27, 2021 – The National Hardware Show® (NHS), as part of its evolution from an annual merchandise market to a year-round industry guidepost, is proud to debut HABITAT for its 75th edition show. HABITAT, a new platform that delivers future outlooks, product innovation showcases and actionable insights for business resilience will live both online and on-site at the Las Vegas Convention Center’s new West Hall from October 21-23.
HABITAT is a showcase for big ideas, ingenuity, and innovation; driven by global shifts in culture, technology and the environment that are shaping our homes and how we live. Focused on the future and designed for discovery, HABITAT is a new platform that aims to explore the new ideas and technologies that are impacting our definition of the home and how we live.
“HABITAT is the intersection of merchandise and mission – a platform for industry members to discover new product innovations and source inspiration from one another,” said Beth Casson, Event Leader, National Hardware Show. “From environmental innovations to cultural and social shifts, HABITAT will keep a trained eye on new ideas and technologies that are evolving how we will live at home.”
Five pillars frame HABITAT and will impact the evolution of hardware and home improvement businesses for 2021 and beyond. These five pillars consist of:
- Self-Service: Focuses on companies that are helping to create resilient households through innovative approaches to self-sustaining practices, like home-grown food, bulk storage and power and water independence.
- The Extra Mile: With a focus on sustainability, waste minimization and closing the manufacturing loop, these organizations create products that offer multiple solutions to homeowners, utilize conscious manufacturing processes or are built to last a generation.
- Health and Wellth: Optimal health is the ultimate wealth. Whether offering innovations in fitness, sleep, air quality, sterilization or mental wellbeing, these companies understand that wellness is core to the new consumer.
- Trust the Process: Supply chain transparency, CSR practices, stakeholder welfare, information sharing and DE&I are more than buzzwords to these brands. Look here for companies that walk the walk.
- Safe the World: Keeping ourselves, our homes and the planet safe in the face of climate change, social unrest and a changing world can be daunting. These companies have made it their mission to help us be safer at home while protecting our ecosystem.
The HABITAT pavilion will reside at the main entrance, positioned to be the first area attendees experience as they enter the West Hall. The HABITAT pavilion will be broken into three components: The HABITAT innovation showcase, HABITAT New – a discovery zone for new product launches and HABITAT Next – a spotlight on inventors featuring educational sessions brought to you by the United Inventors Association.
To learn more about HABITAT and explore the digital platform component, please click here. For more information about HABITAT New and HABITAT Next, stay tuned!
To register as an attendee for this year’s 75th edition National Hardware Show, please click here. Eligible and credentialed members of the media can click here to apply for press registration. Exhibitors can click here to register, as well.
For more information on safety guidelines, exhibitor commitments and other updates to this year’s 75th edition National Hardware Show, please visit the 2021 SHOW SHAPE UP page on the NHS website.
About the National Hardware Show®
The National Hardware Show® celebrates a rich history spanning 76 years of serving the home improvement marketplace. From its early beginnings in New York during the post-World War 2 housing boom and eventual move to Chicago in the 1970s, to today's current location in Las Vegas, NHS is the most comprehensive event, education and networking platform serving the hardware and home improvement industry. As the industry spearhead, it keeps a focused eye on the cultural, environmental, and technological developments shaping the future of modern living. NHS unites and guides the industry at its live events and on its interactive channels by delivering unparalleled opportunities for fostering connections, deepening insights, and building innovative and profitable strategies for growth. For more information on the National Hardware Show, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.
About RX (Reed Exhibitions)
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. RX elevates the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com
Coyne PR for National Hardware Show