Conference Features Robust Roster of Industry Leading Presenters, Educational Sessions and Awards
NORWALK, CT. – October 8, 2021 – This October, join retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers at the North American Hardware and Paint Association (NHPA) All-Industry Conference at the National Hardware Show® (NHS) as members from each segment of the channel discuss proactive measures to stay ahead and continue innovating. The NHPA All-Industry Conference is a series of educational seminars, networking opportunities and awards program that will be held in conjunction with NHS at the Las Vegas Convention Center’s new West Hall from Thursday, October 21 to Saturday, October 23.
“We couldn’t be prouder to host NHS in conjunction with NHPA, one of our closest partner organizations that’s been serving the industry for over 100 years,” said Beth Casson, Event Leader, National Hardware Show. “With our shared mission of helping the hardware and home improvement community through education and networking, NHPA’s conference lineup will put the industry’s brightest thought-leaders in front of NHS attendees and exhibitors who will all benefit from hearing their stories.”
"Much has changed in the last 18 months, but our relationship with NHS and shared commitment to serving the industry has never been stronger,” says Dan Tratensek, COO and Publisher of NHPA. “Co-locating the NHPA All-Industry Conference with NHS is a natural way of providing our members and community with the strongest opportunities to reconnect, learn what’s new and celebrate the future of hardware retailing in a new landscape for business."
Sessions and Speakers
If the past year has taught us anything, it’s that connections and leadership are critical components to a business’ success. This year’s NHPA All-Industry Conference will focus on connections and leadership to support independent retailers as they evolve with a variety of educational seminars presented by retailer, distributor and manufacturer representatives. Some key sessions and speakers that will take place during the conference include:
- KEYNOTE: Locked on Leadership: The Secret to Self-Directed Teams – Presenter: Dave Rosenberg, Speaker, Podcaster and Author
- Young Retailer Insights: The Future of Retail – Panelists: Robin Smith, Vice President, Petersburg Hardware; Cody Goeppner, Director, Bleyhl Co-op; and Jonathan South, Manager, Teghtmeyer Ace Hardware
- A Supplier’s Perspective – Panelists: Les Burch, President, Sashco Sealants; Geff Lynch, President, Lancaster; and Paul Green, Chief Merchandising & Procurement Officer, True Value
- KEYNOTE: The New Normal for Kitchen and Bath – Presenter: Bill Darcy, CEO, National Kitchen and Bath Association
- KEYNOTE: Focus on the Customer and the Employees as a Person – Presenter: Alex Genov, Head of Customer Research, Zappos
- Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good: Taking Care of People & Business – Presenter: Rich Benninghoff, President and CEO, Malco Products, SBC
- Top-Down Sustainability – Presenter Josh Prigge, Consultant, Sustridge Consulting
- E-Commerce: What I Wish I Knew Then – Presenter: Jake Wilson, Director of Marketing & eCommerce, Wilco
- The New Paradigm for Home Improvement – Presenters: Dan Tratensek, NHPA; and Grant Farnsworth, President, The Farnsworth Group
In addition to the educational seminars, the Conference also offers opportunities to recognize the best of the best in the industry through NHPA’s awards programs, including:
- Top Guns Awards: This program recognizes retailers who are pillars of innovation, commitment and passion for the independent home improvement channel. The retailers honored in this program have helped grow their operations through strategic leadership with consideration for their communities and teams.
- Retailers’ Choice Awards: This program honors products on the rise, giving attendees a glimpse at the latest items to enhance their inventories. Products selected in this program are chosen by retailer judges who scout the floor of NHS to find new and innovative products that will drive sales and help independent retailers stand out in their markets.
To learn more about the NHPA All-Industry Conference or to view a complete speaker schedule, visit yournhpa.org/events/nhpa-all-industry-conference/seminar-schedule.
To register as an attendee for this year’s 75th edition National Hardware Show, please click here. Eligible and credentialed members of the media can click here to apply for press registration. Exhibitors can click here to register.
For more information on safety guidelines, exhibitor commitments and other updates to this year’s 75th edition National Hardware Show, please visit the 2021 SHOW SHAPE UP page on the NHS website.
The North American Hardware and Paint Association’s (NHPA) mission is to help independent home improvement, paint and decorating retailers, regardless of affiliations, become better and more profitable retailers. This not-for-profit organization serves the channel by providing retailers with educational resources, networking events, industry research and by acting as a collective voice for 40,000 independent retailers across the U.S. and Canada.
NHPA offers retailers hundreds of resources, including Hardware Retailing and Paint and Decorating Retailer magazines, online employee training, college-level leadership and management programs, several annual roundtables, conferences, recognition programs, research studies and more. Learn more about the association and membership options by visiting yournhpa.org.
About the National Hardware Show®
The National Hardware Show® celebrates a rich history spanning 76 years of serving the home improvement marketplace. From its early beginnings in New York during the post-World War 2 housing boom and eventual move to Chicago in the 1970s, to today's current location in Las Vegas, NHS is the most comprehensive event, education and networking platform serving the hardware and home improvement industry. As the industry spearhead, it keeps a focused eye on the cultural, environmental, and technological developments shaping the future of modern living. NHS unites and guides the industry at its live events and on its interactive channels by delivering unparalleled opportunities for fostering connections, deepening insights, and building innovative and profitable strategies for growth. For more information on the National Hardware Show, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.
About RX (Reed Exhibitions)
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. RX elevates the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com
Coyne PR for National Hardware Show